I'm a Young Person
Being a young person with disabilities or with special educational needs can be difficult and even more so when you can't find the information, advice or support you need.
Our main aims are to provide you with the skills and knowledge to feel confident that your voice is being heard, and to understand what you need to do and when. We do that by giving you clear, straightforward information about your options.
Information, Advice and Support services can help you with questions about:
- School, college or training
- Getting the right healthcare
- Getting the right support at home, school or in the workplace
The advisers are friendly and will always do their best to help you.
There are lots of great organisations and websites that can support you to get the information that you need, have a look at some useful guides:
- SEND Reforms Explained: A handy collection of fact sheets to help you make sense of the changes to SEND support and provision
- Get Back to Where We Do Belong: This guide explores education, training and employment options open to young people
- Young Person's Guide to Personal Budgets: This guide explains Personal Budgets through the stories of three young people
- Disability Matters: This is a set of learning modules that cover everything from decision-making and growing up to family and friends
- My CAMHS Choices: A website created by young people to give support and information on mental health services.